The Identification Card Office issues approximately 3,000 cards each year to military personnel and their dependents, as well as to civilian personnel.
The Coast Guard Academy DEERS/ID Card Office is by appointment only. Our hours of operation are 0800 - 1500 Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday; and 0800 - 1120 Thursday. The ID Office is closed daily from 1120 - 1240 for lunch. Same day appointments are not guaranteed, but can be scheduled upon availability. We are closed for Federal Holidays. Please call (860) 444-8208 to schedule an appointment or for any inquiries regarding documentation.
When requesting and ID card, the following applies:
All personnel requesting an ID card must present two valid, unexpired forms of identification, one of which needs to be a federal or state picture ID.
The following can be used as proof of identification:
- Driver's License or State ID Card
- School ID Card with a Photograph
- Voter's Registration Card
- Military ID Card
- Dependent Military ID Card
- U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Card
- Native American Tribal Document
- Driver's License issued by a Canadian Government Authority
- SSN Card
- Birth Certificate
- U.S. Citizen ID Card (Form I-197)
- Social Security Card
- Employment Authorization Document issued by the Department of Homeland Security
- Most Other Unexpired Government Identification
For Persons under Age 18:
- Clinic, Doctor, or Hospital Record
- Daycare or Nursery School Record
Dependents must be accompanied by the active duty sponsor or have a verified application (DD-1172) signed by both the sponsor and a verifying official from a DEERS office prior to issuance of Dependent ID card.
Civilian personnel need a verified civilian ID card application and some form of unexpired Government picture identification to obtain an ID card.
Identification Card Office