Skip Navigation Links
APPLY | LOGIN | CREATE AN ACCOUNT | PARENTS | PROSPECTIVE CADETS | VIRTUAL TOUR | ESPAÑOL | SEARCH
FacebookFlickrTwitterYou Tube
CAMPUS
Leamy Hall
Leamy Hall is named after Rear Admiral Frank Leamy (class of 1925). Admiral Leamy was the Superintendent of the Academy from 1957-1961. He earned the Distinguished Flying Cross for a daring rescue of a critically injured man from a fishing trawler.

Leamy Hall houses the 45-member Coast Guard Band. The band uses its music and nationwide public appearances to both entertain and heighten the awareness of local, national and international audiences about the Coast Guard's many missions.  

Leamy Hall contains a 1,500 seat auditorium where the Coast Guard Band performs seasonal concerts, where guest lecturers address the Corps of Cadets and LDC, and where cadets and Academy staff perform the Annual Cadet Musical. View the seating chart for more information on seating. There is also a bowling alley, the Dry Dock (a snack bar), MWR office (Morale, Well-Being and Recreation), the Chaplain's offices, the Social Development Director's offices, the Cadet Music Center and a large ballroom where all Cadet Formals are held. The ballroom offers a spectacular view of the lower fields and the Thames River. The Dry Dock is open to the public. 

The MWR Office located in room 206, Leamy Hall is a recreational program that offers discounted tickets, equipment rental and many other MWR programs for active duty personnel stationed at the Academy and local commands. For more information please contact the MWR staff at (860) 444-8476.